<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tsjaz in Minneapolis (consumer of popular culture) tries to be of service to others, posting with reasonable regularity, although to be honest, he'd prefer laying on the couch and sleeping to describing the excruciating minutiae of his life to you.

Saturday, August 14, 2004

If only I could somehow post directly out of my head while running...I would be highly paid, I'm sure.

Going to a wedding today. Ought to be big and posh. The reception is at The Saint Paul Hotel. Ritzy.

So I'm going to critique Yu-Gi-Oh! some more, but it's more difficult than it sounds. I remembered that in addition to the SAT prep words for the 5-10 year old boy demographic the franchise serves, they also threw in Egyptology, which I was surprised to learn is considered an actual word. The language used by the characters while dueling lets me know where the language Mike uses during our stories comes from. Typical of this is the surprise shown by the characters whenever the opponent unleashes a strategy. If you're not familiar, this cartoon is based on a card game in the same family as Magic and Pokemon. So during the first fight on the screen, they showed in the bottom corner "LP 2000" or something like that, as if I'm going to keep track in my head of whatever the hell LP is. Life Points, as I deduced later. Anyway, if this were chess, the players would be thinking exactly one move ahead, and totally catching their supposed master opponents completely by surprise. Also, the animation stinks.

I ran this morning for the first time in a while. Six miles, maybe? A little less? I almost stepped on a chipmunk.

"the raucous freewheeling nature of the koala bear"

I started the math class I have no business taking last night. The minimum time for completion is 2 months, otherwise I could finish the whole thing in a weekend.
Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com