<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tsjaz in Minneapolis (consumer of popular culture) tries to be of service to others, posting with reasonable regularity, although to be honest, he'd prefer laying on the couch and sleeping to describing the excruciating minutiae of his life to you.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

it's more exciting than it sounds, this life 

L-Deb and I went to Evergreen again last night, which, as I've stated, is my new favorite restaurant. I just want to go back again and again. I chose the mock pork last night, which was interesting and chewy, which reminds me of Santa's Little Helper. We watched Chapelle standup and The Office before I went to sleep and was unable to wake myself this morning.

I didn't write about much more yesterday because I spent my teacher day actually doing work. So my reward today will be an organized classroom halfway through the school year.

Saturday night I attended a get together to watch the Miss America pageant. Scorecards were distributed, and the contest was on. I could easily get behind Miss Minnesota, North Carolina, or Georgia, and I liked Miss Georgia up until the informal question and answer part that was not judged. Anyway, they trumpeted how this is the biggest source of scholarship funds for women (not as big as it was last year on network TV, though) and then Miss Oklahoma, who performed what looked to me like a crap-ass ballet routine, beat Georgia and Alabama. My taste in women and the taste of Miss America are not at all the same. Jerry Rice was one of the judges. Somehow, Caroline Rhea was not. Sue Ellen from Seinfeld was a judge, too. The event was fun because of the healthy amount of cynicism in the room.
Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com