<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tsjaz in Minneapolis (consumer of popular culture) tries to be of service to others, posting with reasonable regularity, although to be honest, he'd prefer laying on the couch and sleeping to describing the excruciating minutiae of his life to you.

Monday, September 08, 2008

Another "obnoxious" award 

We had our annual softball banquet last Wednesday. My award was based on the wild beard I was sporting last spring. Because there are a bunch of new people on the team and one of them brought someone no one else had ever met, the party started a little slow, meaning there wasn't constant loud conversation. Luckily, people pointed this out several times so that I could write about it here. For some reason, people loosened up later on.

I pooh-poohed the choice of Sarah Palin until the psychology became clear to me. The GOP was supporting McCain, but in the most unenthusiastic way possible. They wanted to get excited, but it's McCain. Adding Palin to the ticket gave an outlet for that need for excitement, and apparently there was a lot of excitement pent up, because "Saint Sarah" is getting much love.

I ran a 25k yesterday after neglecting my running for two weeks. I finished in under two hours, so I was happy about that. If the weather hadn't been so cool, I would probably have gone much slower. We got a glass "stein" for our trouble, which is a pretty good takeaway for the $27 entry. Has anyone shown the most and least expensive races on a cost per mile basis? A little over a dollar per kilometer seems very reasonable.

I just can't figure out the Twins. I'd love to see them in the playoffs, because then that would be something to get excited about and watch, but they're not acting like a playoff team right now. Which I'm very accepting of, for some reason.

Labels: , , ,

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com