<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tsjaz in Minneapolis (consumer of popular culture) tries to be of service to others, posting with reasonable regularity, although to be honest, he'd prefer laying on the couch and sleeping to describing the excruciating minutiae of his life to you.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Republicans make awesome speeches. 

I got sick of listening to Republicans, so I noticed the new 90210 premiere was on. I'm not sure how the show is any different from The O.C. except for the presence of Kelly and Brenda. They had a moment in the show that's so common in scenes taking place in the classroom that went something like this:

INT.CLASSROOM
A teacher is facing the chalkboard, addressing his class over his shoulder.

TEACHER
All right, class, you had homework last night. Who can tell me what a haiku is?

The teacher makes a stupid joke because the writers aren't the greatest, then the bell rings and the students all leave.

What's wrong with all these teachers in movies and TV who start new parts of their lesson plans with 30 seconds left in the class?

I finished the movie Chalk and can't really recommend it. There was nothing wrong with it, so if you're a teacher who is looking for movies to fill your time, it would be a good choice. It wasn't worth the time for me.

Re: the RNC. The Daily Show last night did an awesome part on Republican hypocrisy. This is what TDS does best: connect what politicians are saying today to things they've said in the past. I watched Pawlenty and almost barfed. I heard the intro of Palin with the guy's clever rhetorical device of repeating a call for "Sarah," later copied by "T-Paw," as the idjits at the Xcel were chanting, where he kept repeating "Country First," fanning the audience into a craze.

I just learned today that the namesake for this blog's URL is in recovery.

Running hasn't been going the best. I've run 2 of the last 3 days, but the track record before that (no pun intended) was really sketchy. I have a 25k on Sunday, so that will last all day for me in my weakened condition.

Labels: , ,

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com