<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tsjaz in Minneapolis (consumer of popular culture) tries to be of service to others, posting with reasonable regularity, although to be honest, he'd prefer laying on the couch and sleeping to describing the excruciating minutiae of his life to you.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Long run 

I forget how much I like running long distances. It was really cold on Saturday, and it took a while to warm up.


I listened to Kid A for the first part of the run instead of listening to podcasts. Then I put on Silversun Pickups for the second half.

I signed up for Grandma's Marathon against my better judgment. Two years ago, I was in the best running shape of my life. Then I ran the race as if Brad Childress himself had drawn up my gameplan, and after 13 miles, I was worthless, as Jason who ran with me for the last 6 miles can attest.

I don't know yet if I'll go for Boston this year. The reason I signed up was that I made peace with the concept of running the marathon at 80% or so. There's a lot of room between qualifying for Boston and the time above which I'd be very disappointed.

Sometimes I like running in the woods by myself, and sometimes I like watching people. This is why I run downtown, for the people watching. They had some sort of emergency drill going on on Saturday. I jayran past officers with reckless abandon.

Labels:

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com