<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tsjaz in Minneapolis (consumer of popular culture) tries to be of service to others, posting with reasonable regularity, although to be honest, he'd prefer laying on the couch and sleeping to describing the excruciating minutiae of his life to you.

Friday, April 02, 2010

Memphis Run 

The renovation noise in the hotel got me going and I didn't go running until the afternoon. It must have been close to 80 degrees, and I guzzled a gatorade after the run. I watched the Carolina game at Huey's, downing lots of sweet tea and a few beers, and didn't break the seal because I was dehydrated.



The Mississippi part of the run wasn't as exciting as I would have thought. They don't have retail/entertainment on the riverfront, probably because they're worried it would cannibalize Beale Street business. It looks, however, as if they're planning to extend the Beale Street fun to the riverfront. Instead of retail, they have some good park areas. Now I just ran through and know nothing about the area, but it seems like Mud Island is where the new nice development is while I didn't see many white people in the parks in the southern parks.

Labels: ,

Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com