<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tsjaz in Minneapolis (consumer of popular culture) tries to be of service to others, posting with reasonable regularity, although to be honest, he'd prefer laying on the couch and sleeping to describing the excruciating minutiae of his life to you.

Friday, September 09, 2011

Gardening 

In 2008, I attended a raingarden workshop after wanting to have a raingarden for a long time. Still, I didn't act on that workshop until last April or May when I finally hired a consultant who designed a raingarden for the yard in addition to a native garden for the rest of the yard. I wanted the garden just to be environmentally friendly, mostly. Besides, I wasn't willing to put work into a lawn because it seems wasteful. Dad helped me near the end of July to excavate in the backyard on one of the most sweltering days of the summer. We got Subway and a half dozen Powerades at 3pm for lunch. The raingarden took about 24 manhours of work. A couple days later I spent maybe 14 hours over the course of a week on the front yard (larger area, but no excavation or leveling needed).

Before, north side


after
south side, before
maybe I'll get pics from the front, but I'm not going to fix this formatting.
Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com